Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dropped Ideas

Over the course of writing the series, I've come up with some elements that I didn't use or just dropped. I guess it is part of the natural evolution of a story. But anyway, here is some ideas I didn't use.

Arc 1
  • The Beatles song "Here Comes The Sun" originally played a large part in the story. Faith would have heard the song during her dream. Then later it would have been the thing that lead her to seeing that Spike had a MAU. I dropped it after realizing it was too close to elements of Allen W's Slayer series.
  • There was originally a sex scene between Faith and Agent R, where R's real name would have been revealed. I dropped it mainly because I didn't want it to look like R was taking advantage of her. R's real name will be revealed soon.
  • I had originally planned to show off some of Agent S' past, possibly explaining his latching onto Buffy and Faith. This may show up again later though.
  • Originally Angel would have already used the MAU and become immune to the sun. He would have still died though. I dropped it because I imagined that people would mention that he should have used it the device to become immortal.
  • Spike was originally going to escape. I killed him because I thought that Dennis would be a more compelling villain.
Arc 2
  • Some of the stuff with Faith and Dennis was a bit more detailed. I censored myself because I found it to be too dark.
  • Faith originally killed Dennis. I saved him because I felt it would take Faith down a dark path and because he was too good of a villain to go out so quickly.
  • There was a story set at a mall, but the tone was wrong given the rest of the arc. It would have been like a musical number in Empire Strikes Back.
  • I considered letting Dennis survive again, but killing him was needed to keep Faith from sinking into depression again. Although I still have something up my sleeve regarding Dennis.
  • There was originally an epilogue set sometime in the future that set up some of Faith's future. I may use this actually because I like it.


Also I should note that I'll do some slight editing on the old stories and post them here. I'm a little worried about Fictionmania right now. I'm staying out of the whole thing, but if the place gets overrun by stories like the one that caused all of that, I really don't want to stick around. Fictionmania will still be the home of the stories, but I want a back up, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment